Val's blog

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Some Finished Work

I got my circular petal done. I loved how it cinched in and the center just closed up - like magic! I tried to get close to give you a close up on the detail. It turned out so lovely. It will be for my mom and dad's bathroom, which is done in sunflowers and green walls.

I did 'Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth' next. It man be her fave, but it is not mine. I think the circular work tickled me so much it spoiled me for anything else right now. Also, I ran out of yarn at the very end and had to change to solid yellow. I do not care for the look, but 2 people last night said it looked like I had done it on purpose and wasn't I going to put a hook for hanging right there? Hmmmm, maybe I would like that better?
I am now working on another circular option. It is on my new size 6 needles. (Made an early morning stop at Ben Franklin yesterday before work and got 7 cololrs of sugan n cream and two new sizes of bamboo needles.) I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger bonezmama said...

Ooh! I love the yellow one, and the Grandma one does look like you intend to put a yellow hook on it...RUN WITH THAT!!! Yeah yeah, I meant to do that! :) Nice job! XOX,
Bubba

 

Post a Comment

<< Home